Sunday, November 15, 2009

Created to Be His Help Meet



Chapter 1-God's Gift

While reading chapter one, I found a few quotes that I found meaningful to me:
"A good marriage, just like anything worthwhile, takes doing the right things every day...every hour...every moment."
So true, we spend little to no time focusing on our marriage, thinking everything will be ok and work out fine, and wonder what happened when everything blows up in our face!!!

"If you are a wife, you were created to fill a need, and in that capacity you are a 'good thing,' a helper suited to the needs of a man. This is how God created you and it is your purpose for existing. You are, by nature, equipped in every way to be your man's helper. You are inferior to none as long as you function within your created nature, for no man can do your job, and no man is complete without his wife."
Wow, I can't tell you how many times a hour/day/week that I don't feel inferior in some area of my life!!! I have struggled with my self-identity, who am I, and have come up empty. Right here, it says I am 'a good thing' a helper!!! That's it, I'm a helper, not a ruler and not a slave, but a helper to the love of my life!! 'When you are a help meet to your husband, you are a helper to Christ.' amazing

'When you honor your husband, you honor God. When you obey your husband, you obey God. The degree to which you reverence your husband is the degree to which you reverence your Creator. As we serve out husbands, we serve God.' 'You can only realize your womanhood when you are functioning according to your created nature.'
what more needs to be said? we are important and right where God wants us!!! :)

"A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband" Proverbs 12:4

'A good help meet will have a passion to be of service. Her first calling is to be of service to her husband, then her children, and when time affords, her passion of service will spill over to serving others.'
I have always had a passion to help others, I hate to see others suffering or going through a rough time, and my heart goes out to them. But I have things out of order, I put my girls 1st, obviously, since I'm with them all day, and then Mat or others are put next. Over the past few months, I have learned that I need to work harder at putting Mat first and foremost, then my girls and then others, God willing. I will be praying and striving to set my priorities straight from now on.

I am going to end this with a little bit from the 'Help Meet's Journey', the companion journal for this book.
Gladness is defined in the Bible by its association with:
-joy
-shouting and singing
-rejoicing and thanksgiving
-the voice of mirth and the voice of melody

My hope, for you, is that you got as much out of this chapter as I did and am refreshed and ready to take on a new week with gladness and purpose!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read this chapter yet but will get around to it sometime hopefully soon. Thanks for sharing - it's interesting to read your blog and also Nicole's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following along with me and posting on your own blog as well! :D

    ReplyDelete