Tuesday, November 10, 2009

just what I needed to read, part 1

Only a select few know what I have been going through this past couple of weeks and have been taking it pretty hard. I was reading from a daily devotion book and came across this one, for November 9, and it couldn't have come at a better time!! :) This devotion ,a few parts taken out by me, is taken from "New Day, New You" by Joyce Meyer which my mom gave to me a couple weeks ago, thanks mom!!

Love Does Not Rejoice at Injustice
'It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness,
but rejoices when right and truth prevail.'-I Corinthians 13:6

"Love is grieved at injustice. It always wants what is fair and right. It craves justice not only for itself but especially for others....
We should care about others and their pain, pray for them, and do what we can to relieve their suffering. Love is not unfeeling; it cannot look at unjust situations and just simply not care or do nothing. The worldly mentality of "don't bother me with it, that is your problem" has no place in the lives of Christians.
Obviously, we cannot physically or financially fix everyone's problem, but we can care. We can work with the Holy Spirit to make sure we don't allow our hearts to become hardened by all the violence and injustice all around us.
God is love, and He loves righteousness (knowing you are right with God-acting right, talking right, etc.)...Those who love righteousness are often persecuted for it-Jesus was, and we are not above out Master...Don't hate evil people, just their evil ways. God hates sin, but He loves sinners.
Keep walking in love, hating injustice and unrighteousness, and the favour of God will come upon your life in an astounding way."

WOW, this was just what I needed to hear and it felt like a weight was lifted off me!! I feel so much better about the whole situation, of course it still bothers me, but I now know how to handle it and that God is in control and will help me through this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment